The Purchasing Division’s is responsible for:
· Centralized purchasing of supplies, materials, services, construction and design for all city departments in accordance with Florida statutes, city ordinances, and established purchasing policies and procedures.
· Supervising property/inventory control which tracks all assets of the city
· Disposing of surplus and obsolete city property
· Serving as a resource group for all city departments and a clearinghouse for Contracts Administration on all procurement related issues
· Overseeing City Asbestos Operations & Maintenance Plan & the Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) Programs
Materials and services less than $3,000 are considered small dollar transactions and can be made within each department by using the procurement VISA card.
Items that exceed $3,000 or more are submitted on a requisition form and submitted to the Purchasing and Contracts Administration Division for processing.
The Bids/RFP/RFQ are posted:
· In the lobby of the Purchasing Division
· On the City of Fort Myers website under eProcurement
· As advertisements in the legal section of the local paper
· In local plans rooms for construction projects
The City of Fort Myers is continuously seeking vendors, suppliers and contractors who can provide quality products and service at competitive prices. This information is provided so that you may know of procurement opportunities with the city and your role in the purchasing process according to the city’s policies. Given the wide range of goods and services purchased, tremendous opportunity exists for businesses and vendors to do business with the city.
and Contracts Administration Division maintains an open door policy to all
companies and citizens in the purchasing of products and services.
Please see our eProcurement page to register as a city vendor.
At all times, the Purchasing and Contracts Administration Division operates with integrity and fairness to its suppliers. We value our vendors, so through our policies we hope to maintain positive collaboration between city vendors and citizens to provision the City’s goods and services.
Important Note: Be sure that your proposal reaches the Purchasing and Contracts Administration Division before the time and date specified on the form. Late submittals will not be accepted.
Taxes & IRS Forms
The City of Fort Myers is exempt from all federal excise and Florida sales
taxes. An exemption certificate will be sent upon request.
Suppliers must provide the city with their Federal Employer ID number or Social Security Number and current IRS Form W-9. This information is necessary to comply with the Internal Revenue Service 1099 reporting regulations. These will be required upon bid submission through our eProcurement portal.
Policies & Ordinances
In an effort to promote the participation of local vendors in the procurement process, the City of Fort Myers Mayor and City Council has established an ordinance pertaining to the procurement of general goods and services which provides for a preference to City of Fort Myers businesses and Lee County businesses.
The City of Fort Myers has established an Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) Ordinance for expenditures of construction, professional services, goods, and other services. MBE are businesses that are certified by the State of Florida Office of Supplier Diversity and whose principle place of business is located within the boundaries of Lee County. - http://www.mwbe.com/